Claims Representative, Commercial
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for a Claims Representative position within our Commercial Claims division
As a Claims Representative you will manage simple first party and third party auto and general liability claims under direct supervision. You will ensure customer needs are met while handling claims and working toward quick resolution. We are looking for individuals with strong communication, negotiation, and customer service skills to interact with drivers, claimants, and our customers. This role will provide comprehensive training, ongoing direct supervision, on the job coaching and continued career development.
- Determine policy coverage through independent verification, analysis of investigation data and policy terms, including whether claim will be approved or denied. (Claim denials will require supervisor approval.)
- Make timely and meaningful direct contact. This includes the driver, claimant(s), witnesses, body shop, tow company, etc.
- Perform appropriate claim handling follow up, such as answering your phone, team phone lines, returning calls, and sending appropriate correspondence. Maintain accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the life cycle of claim.
- Investigate claim liability using internal and external resources. Investigation steps include making all timely contacts, requesting, and receiving a field investigation, researching past claim activity, obtaining police reports, gathering loss details, and scheduling appraisals.
- Investigate and evaluate claim damages utilizing tools and resources to make loss assessments.
- Establish reserve levels at the beginning of handling a claim and adjust as appropriate, based on investigation findings, within assigned authority.
- Under direct supervision, handle claims with coverage issues; in excess of assigned authority; total loss damages; claims that trigger customer special service instructions.
- Under direct supervision, assess assigned claims for fraud, subrogation, or total loss and refer to those departments as appropriate.
- Determine and negotiate settlement amount for damages claimed within assigned authority limits.
Primary Location: Remote
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Travel: As Needed
Your application has been successfully submitted.