Supply Chain Coordinator - Fully Remote
Metabolic Living a $60MM rapidly scaling DTC metabolic optimization company who is seeking a seasoned Supply Chain Coordinator who thrives on meticulous organization, is skilled at operating in an agile environment and is absolutely passionate about natural products. We’re a 100% remote, self-funded team of 200+ in our 11th year and have grown 300% since 2019. We are on the profitable path to becoming a billion-dollar brand by 2025. However, to achieve our goal, we need a world-class Supply Chain Coordinator who can maintain and expand on our operations daily tasks and strategic project needs as we continue to grow in existing and new market segments.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $50,000 - $65,000 + Bonus
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 200+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Matching 401k + Unlimited PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (to standardize our rhythms)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who Will You Report Into?
Hello, my name is Alan Thomas, Head of Natural Products at Metabolic Living, and I need your help. I was hired 1.5 years ago to transform the company’s product operations so we could fulfill against our aspirational mission. We’ve modernized our supply chain, onboarded world class manufacturing partners, and have a ton of exciting new products to launch. However, I need a right-hand person as a Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure we keep organized, focused, efficient, and all with an eye on delivering a fantastic customer experience. You’ll make an immediate positive impact company-wide by ensuring we deliver the most amazing natural products to our customers while balancing our cost and performance measures.
What Does the Ideal Candidate Look Like?
The ideal candidate has 2-4+ years consisting of inventory planning, and warehousing experience in a consumer goods or related industry, preferably with dietary supplement, nutraceutical and/or functional food experience. Without a doubt, you are a fantastic communicator, you flourish in a 100% remote world, and you absolutely thrive on being hyper-organized – you actually get uncomfortable if all the i’s aren’t dotted and t’s aren’t crossed. :-)
Just as importantly, you’re extremely into health, wellness, and/or fitness. You love experimenting with new habits, realize how important having an optimized daily routine is and simply can’t get enough of this stuff. Perhaps you’ve had a health challenge that got you interested, or you’ve just always been highly passionate about health, wellness, and fitness. Either way, your eyes are lighting up at the possibility of aligning your personal passion with your professional superpower.
If you’re getting that funny feeling of “this feels like it is written just for me,” please read on.
What Will You Own?
- Planning and Production – We have a great network of world class manufactures and don’t just settle on anyone. You’ll plan inventory replenishment POs, inbound freight, and financial reconciliations and be a direct point of contact with our strategic partners to keep our supply chain moving.
- Product Launches – You’ll track our status, align our priorities, and keep us focused to deliver our exciting new products on time
- Change Management – You’ll lead the documentation and phasing portions of our change control processes to our internal SOPs, keeping us aligned, documented, and ready for successful product lifecycle management.
- Optimize Processes – As we scale, you’ll help optimize our processes to ensure they keep pace – you’ll be a strong cross-functional lead that will act like the glue to help us march in lockstep together.
What’s Our Culture Like?
We have a human-first culture that puts the needs of our team first. We combine dedicated time for deep work to deliver world-class performance with a standard set of rhythms that allow us to stay in alignment, be transparent and eliminate office politics. For example:
- Standard 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No standing meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities, and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for the month ahead
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Our mission is simple: make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. We do that by empowering people to fix their own health with our metabolism-first approach and unified ecosystem that powers our MetabolicOS. 3 things make us different than other brands in the health and wellness space:
- Metabolism-First – After 11 years of trial-and-error with 500k+ people, we’ve found optimizing your metabolism delivers the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people don’t understand how to read it; once you do, it’ll tell you exactly what to do to help you thrive.
- Individualized-Approach – Paleo may work great for one person’s metabolism, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyone’s different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. That’s why our approach is 100% customized to the individual – there is no perfect program to find, it must be built to support how that specific person’s unique metabolism works. This is where the usual one-size-fits-all solutions fail – they don’t respect our very real individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem – It’s simply too hard to live healthy – lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. We’re left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. We simplify everything with an integrated suite of the offerings you need to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, then exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly pulling in new pieces of the health puzzle.
All of this is combined into our proprietary Metabolic Optimization System (MetabolicOS) that unites practitioner wisdom and scientific research with machine learning to deliver a truly customized data-driven consumer experience that helps you dial in your metabolism at any stage of life.
What’s Our Past and Future?
Our company may be a bit confusing at first glance because we built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. We market these all separately under different DTC websites.
However, now everything’s being centralized under our new brand, Metabolic. We’re launching our flagship e-comm website on Metabolic.com in Q2 and our digital product + e-comm app in Q3. Normally, companies raise money, launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money later. We did that in reverse – creating products that solve specific problems first to bootstrap, scaling that up to fund building out our team and infrastructure, and then retrofitting the brand on top.
What Value Will You Deliver?
- Continually Monitoring– You’ll be forming and reviewing the operational KPIs, which tell us a story on how well we are doing. Here we’ll make critical decisions and analysis for the business.
- Structure and Organization – The devil is in the details they say. You’ll be the gate keeper to keep us on track and honest. Keeping the priorities and deliverables at the forefront, you’ll help drive those to completion as we continue to build and execute.
- Planning and more planning – Maintain our production levels and requirements, managing through our vendor network, transportation partners, warehouse, and internal collaborators.
- All-star team player – Do what it takes to get the job/project done. High degree of professionalism, collaboration, effective communication teamwork, and individual contributor skills
- 2-4+ Years of a hands-on supply chain experience – You’ve worked with manufacturing and distribution partners, knowing the steps it takes to get a product into the market. You’re well experienced in inventory control, PO processes, and working fluently across vendors to ensure all the details are covered.
- Project Management – You’re highly organized, documented, and an incredible communicator. Not afraid to call out areas that need to be addressed.
- Ownership – You’re able to take the bull by the horns, lead, investigate, and implement where necessary.
- Analytical eye – You’re amazing when it comes to analyzing data and trends, while providing opportunities for improvement.
- Driven to Excellence – You’ve got an ownership mentality with an inner drive to excellence that other people who aren’t built that way find disturbingly intense. :-)
- Exceptional Communication Skills – You are a perceptive listener, quickly synthesize disparate elements, and formulate an action plan that can be clearly articulated to others.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.