Doist’s mission is to build the future of work.
While the “future of work” concept has floated around as a trendy catchall, appearing in bland blog titles and uninspiring corporate webinars, do not be mistaken: Doist’s future of work is not their future of work.
Their future of work is more pings, tracking, and meetings. It’s trying to force the square peg of antiquated office work into the round and limitless circle of what work can be.
They approach the future of work from the past. We approach the future of work without assumptions. We're not incrementally improving upon the past. We're questioning everything and radically rethinking what's possible.
As Doist builds the future of work, many more people across the globe will thrive, both professionally and personally.
By relying on our best-in-class tools like Todoist and Twist, and inspiration from our very own workflows we will empower people to turn their big ideas into reality by focusing on meaningful, high-value work. And we will enable people from anywhere to participate in the global economy, thanks to more effective collaboration across time zones and continents.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our four core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Ambition. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. You set high standards for yourself and those around you. You solve issues that have a high impact on our customers and our company.
- Mastery. You care deeply about the quality of your work. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. As a champion of your craft, you are also a champion of your well-being – you work intensely, then disconnect completely.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time. You keep your word and trust your teammates to do the same. You are proactive, take ownership, and remain accountable with little or no direction.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging. You keep others in the loop and never go radio silent. You speak respectfully and foster warm relationships through your interactions. You’re culturally and socially aware and can appropriately navigate social situations.
As Todoist's copywriter-of-all-trades, you’ll work on a very wide variety of copy – from creative and potentially long-form marketing content to clear, concise, and consistent UX writing.
You’ll utilize your top-notch writing skills to draft, edit, and publish multiple types of content like changelogs, emails, in-app copy, product and productivity guides, and more. You'll also wear an editorial hat, collaborating on others’ drafts with an eye for consistency, brand tone, and storytelling.
The Todoist marketing squad is small but incredibly efficient and collaborative. You’ll work most closely with our Content Strategist, Growth Marketer, and Product Marketer.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll:
- Distill technical information into simple, clear copy for Todoist changelogs, in-app modals, buttons, emails, and more.
- Write engaging and informative copy for product guides, user stories, website landing pages, blogs, and more.
- Oversee – and improve upon – Todoist’s in-app copy ecosystem, working with developers and translators to audit and maintain the consistency (and delight!) of Todoist’s in-app copy.
- Work with product designers to reduce friction for Todoist users via educational, empathetic, and impeccably placed copy.
- Collaborate on Todoist’s emails, from lifecycle emails to What’s New campaigns.
- Maintain the style guide and warmly educate other Doisters about best copy practices.
- Suggest SEO improvements and content formats that will perform exceptionally at scale.
It's important to us that the person we hire can thrive and be successful in this role. Ideally, you have experience:
- Writing various types of content and have a portfolio that clearly demonstrates this.
- Knowing when (and when not) to embellish copy with personality, humor, or lightheartedness.
- Editing content of varying lengths and comfortably providing feedback to both writers and non-writers alike.
- Collaborating closely and productively with colleagues with a wide variety of backgrounds and areas of expertise.
- Successfully implementing SEO practices into your writing (and iterating upon those results).
- Repurposing one piece of content into several adjacent mediums (e.g. turning a blog post into a tweet thread, video, or in-app message).
- Using content analytics tools like Google Analytics and Ahrefs to inform your content strategy.
- Keeping track of projects with many moving parts and being highly detail-oriented.
- Working independently with minimal oversight.
Not sure the role is a good fit for you? That's okay! We'd still be happy to consider you. Here's what the process will look like:
- Submit your complete application. This includes a resume (or manually entered experience) and thoughtful responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
- Application screening. We read every application to understand your motivation, skills, and experience. Once your application has been reviewed, you'll receive a response regarding the status of your application typically within one week. Don't panic if it takes a bit longer, everyone will get a response.
- Value-alignment interview with Becky K. (Content Marketer).
- We'll ask you to complete a paid test project.
- Test project and marketing interview with Naomi L. (Content Marketer)
- Culture contribution and values interview with Brenna L. (CMO)
Our perks and benefits are designed to support your ambitious goals and personal wellbeing. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere. Doisters can work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work during the time of day that’s best for you. Doisters are encouraged to work 8-hour days and no more than 40 hours/week.
- Negotiation-free compensation package. Our formula-based salaries are calculated based on industry-benchmarked skills and geographical location – no stressful negotiation required.
Expand your professional skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about.
- Continue your education. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books.
- Collaborate in-person at retreats. Our team- and company-wide retreats are unforgettable. The connections that we make in person inspire us throughout the year.
Craft your ideal work environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Subscribe to apps and services. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job: home internet, work apps, music subscription, etc.
- Purchase the hardware you need. Every Doister has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on your well-being
- Recharge with generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Spend time with your new baby. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. Take care of yourself with a monthly budget for things like a gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.