Transportation Support Specialist, ROC
** This role in an in-office position that requires candidates be local to the Tempe/Phoenix area, but is temporarily work from home **
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking highly skilled and motivated Transportation Specialists to support centralized operations, remote gate operations, and disruption management resolution. In these roles you will have the opportunity to assist in the resolution of stakeholder issues of daily freight movements flowing into and out of our North American fulfillment centers and our associated fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team, and to have a positive impact on Amazon, our transportation partners and ultimately our customers. When network disruptions happen, you’ll be at the forefront of helping the network/transportation partners clear those issues and ensure our customers get shipments on time and help keep our transportation partners moving.
Within this role we have several teams you could be a part of and have the opportunity to rotate into for continued growth within Amazon. These teams include:
• Disruption Management (DM)- This specialist will assist in the resolution of stakeholder issues of daily freight movements flowing into and out of our North American fulfillment centers and our associated fulfillment network through rapid problem solving.
• Remote Gate Management (RGM)-This specialist will assist sites and drivers to help keep packages and drivers moving from a centralized command center.
• Maintenance Support (MCS)- The Maintenance Support Specialist will manage the maintenance activities and maximize value of Amazon’s growing transportation fleet.
• Driver Support Services (DSS)/Amazon Freight Partners (AFP)- This specialist will support the Amazon Freight Partner Management team and TOMY dispatch program team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Deliver outstanding carrier and driver experience/solutions, in a contact center environment, through researching, problem-solving, setting appropriate expectations and working within the Amazon Transportation network to get trailers/trucks back on track when disruptions occur
• Work in fast-paced environment, and adhere to schedules: start/stop, and breaks/lunches
• Support workload surges and/or weather-related operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated high-volume peaks
• Use internal systems to gather data from multiple sources to support reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (AAP, Reach, Decisiv)
• Provide support to field teams and partners by creating repair requests, monitoring repair execution, ensuring on-time preventive maintenance, and maintaining unit history (e.g., for washes, warranties, registrations)
• Help write standard work for both the internal team as well as field teams
• Work with cross-functional teams. Use analytical skills to drive data-driven decision, and effectively communicate insights to others across Transportation Operations Management (TOM), Amazon Freight Partners (AFP), and Fleet.
• Provide support to field teams in driver assignment, load acceptance and driver/equipment availability
• High School or Equivalent Diploma
• 1+ year experience with MS Excel based tools; familiarity with Excel spreadsheets and ability to navigate and interpret data
• Flexibility to work day or night and weekend shifts as needed, as this team provides tactical support to Amazon’s fulfillment network 24 hours/day 7 days/week
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• 1+ year call center experience, ideally in a logistics or claims environment
• Proven strength in customer service, communication (including focused listening) and organizational skills
• Demonstrated passion and ability to leverage strong problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with computers, especially with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software, and strong typing skills
• A proven track record of reliability and good attendance
• Receptivity to frequent coaching/ constructive feedback to help improve performance and growth opportunities
• Proven work experience as an administrative support or project/data management
• Experience in transportation operations with knowledge of Hours of Service (HOS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.