Associate Community Specialist (EMEA & AMERS)
Associate Community Specialist- (AMERS & EMEA time zones)
We’re looking for an Associate Community Specialist to join the Community team at Zapier. The Associate Community Specialist is a truly entry-level role that will empower individuals to learn more about community management and discover what community track they’re drawn to - all while being instrumental in the day-to-day operation and success of the Zapier Community.
This role is for someone who is an excellent communicator, enjoys building strong relationships, and is able to contribute to complex projects. You’ll work on nearly every aspect of community ranging from content to moderation, engagement, strategy, analysis, and more. And you’ll collaborate with the rest of the community team who will act as your project leads and mentors. Perfection isn’t expected, but a willingness to dive in and explore is.
The perfect person for this job enjoys wearing all the hats, never having two days feel the same, and lives by an “I might not know, but I’ll learn” mantra. This role likely will be your first official role in community or perhaps even your first professional job, but you’re familiar with communities and social networks. There’s a solid chance that you’ve helped run or moderate a less formal community before - perhaps something on Facebook, Discord, etc.? Maybe you did an intro to community course recently and your spidey senses were activated?
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You are ready to learn. This is a truly entry-level role, so we don’t have any expectations of applicable work experience. (Seriously. There isn’t a secret 3-5 year requirement hidden in fine print.) But you are so ready to get your hands dirty and dig in. No task is below you and you see value in every experience. Zapier is a moderately complicated product to support, so there are going to be days you don’t feel like a capable rockstar - and that’s okay.
You’re an excellent communicator (verbal and written) with a personable and approachable attitude. Between being a 100% remote team and being the community team, we spend a lot of time communicating one way or another with each other, our users, and our peers. You might not entirely love strangers, but you’re capable of explaining a concept, persuading others, and bonding over shared nerdy community things.
You’re innovative, creative, and resourceful. You’ll try as many angles as possible to make the community successful. You’re excited to keep up on industry trends and the automation/no-code space. You take initiative when faced with a problem. You are comfortable taking a squishy and ambiguous problem and doing the research and brainstorming needed to contribute to a solution.
You’re solid at time management. You’ll contribute to a variety of fast-moving projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to get your work done with minimal supervision. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to contribute to processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You’ll Do
- Assist with daily community engagement and moderation. This means interacting with our community to ensure all questions and conversations are getting exactly the help or collaboration they need.
- Support community and customer experience initiatives. At any given time, we’re working on nearly a dozen different projects across Community and the broader Self-Serve Customer Experience department. You’ll be asked to support in all sorts of ways including brainstorming, strategizing, and building out solutions.
- Help create and update content across the community, Help Center, and elsewhere. Dig deep into research and chase down solutions as needed.
- Be a strong advocate for our Community across the entire company, demonstrating its value to our organization. You may be just getting started in your career, but you represent us in every interaction.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
The Whole Package
Location: AMERS & EMEA (100% Remote)
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapien's live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and a profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks of paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4—5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partner's network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.