The Compliance Manager - Payments is an important role within the APE team and responsible for providing Compliance subject matter expertise and oversight across lines of business offering payments, lending, insurance and prepaid products at Amazon. Areas of expertise include payments regulation, consumer protection laws and regulations, and complaints handling.
Key job responsibilities
The Compliance Manager will:
• Scan for regulatory change and look for opportunities to influence the regulatory agenda.
• Provide effective and timely advice to the business, in conjunction with our legal teams, on how to manage and mitigate conduct, compliance and financial crime risks within regulated financial propositions.
• Interpret and advise on applicable European and Luxembourg rules and regulations.
• Work with legal, risk and business leads to develop and maintain our compliance policies and controls.
• Oversee the complaints handling operations of APE.
• Monitor and report on compliance risks and issues, collaborating with internal risk management teams (AML, Risk Management, InfoSec) to identify steps necessary to mitigate these.
• Experience in payments and/or e-commerce technologies in regulatory compliance in Europe/UK.
• Strong regulatory background and capability to apply that knowledge quickly with potentially limited information.
• Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving.
• Self-motivated with proven capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision.
• Certification in compliance related area such as ICA, CertPay or CRCM preferred.
• Direct experience with P2P, credit, prepaid, lending, or e-commerce risk management.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.